Friday, March 4, 2016

Chisholm Challenge 2016

On January 11-13 it was showtime at the John Justin Arena.

The first day was AQHA day.  I competed in Western showmanship first. I got to wear a sparkly green shirt that I borrowed from a friend for this event.  That day I competed in 7 events.  My favorite event was "reining" and I got 2nd place. This was a new event for me and my horse Jet. and I really enjoyed it. 


On Tuesday, I took my drawing of Apache (one of the horses from the barn) to submit for the art contest.  I found out later that week that I had won the art contest.  When I found out, I was as at the hospitality stall and I heard them say my name over the loud speaker. I was so excited and surprised! At the next show, in 2017, the Chisholm Challenge t-shirt will have my drawing on it. 


The next day, (the 12th), I participated in the opening ceremony and got to carry the flag.  My friend Courtney sang the National Anthem, and it was beautiful! She is very brave to sing in front of people!  This day was busy also as I competed in Western, English, and Trail.


By the 3rd day of the show, I was so exhausted, but still excited.  I competed in Western Equitation on this day and won 1st place. (I rode Apache)


It was a fun, good week spending time with friends and horses.  

Here are all the riders that were there this year:  

Courtney, Jessica, Brodie, Sam, Ryley, Matthew, Lance, Hannah, David, Justin, Nick, Travis



Another highlight to my week was when I got interviewed by Channel 5 news!  They interviewed me and my friend Courtney.  My heart sank to my guts because I was so nervous!  One of the questions they asked was "What does horseback riding mean to you?"  I think I said, " It is just fun to be around horses, and it gives me confidence because I don't normally like being in front of people."

It was a great show and I am looking forward to 2017, seeing my picture on the t-shirt, and meeting new people







Trail 


We got to meet Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price.




~Zhanna






No comments:

Post a Comment