Monday, October 20, 2014

Me and My Dear Mum-Mum

My dearest Mum-Mum went to be with the Lord on Monday, September 22, 2014 at 10:30 pm. 

As long as I can remember, Mum-Mum and Papa have lived 5 minutes from my house in Weatherford. She had been on oxygen for a long time for her emphysema. It had gotten harder and harder for her to do much. She always said she was fine as long as she was sitting.

I have some special memories...... 
  • Going shopping with her and riding with her on her scooter   
  • Watching her run the scooter off the curb at the mall because she was going faster than us (she was ok)
  • Going to the Texas State Fair in 2013 with her and Papa. She was so excited to have a funnel cake and a corn dog
  • Making Christmas cookies, homemade egg rolls, enchiladas, and potato dumplings at her house
  • Watching movies with her — she told me she wanted to watch Frozen but we didn't ever get to watch it :-(
  • Cleaning her house for her
  • Fixing her hair 
  • Baking all her favorite Christmas cookies last year while she watched and helped at the bar
  • She always wanted to see my hair after I washed it and it was curly
  • Helping her with her scooter and oxygen
  • When she came to watch me on Jet at the Chisholm Challenge (AQHA horse-riding event)
  • She enjoyed it when I brought her "grand-dog" Angel to her house
  • She loved it when Papa made her popcorn balls
  • When we made her a blueberry pie she was so happy
She went into the hospital with pneumonia the week before she died. All her kids and grandkids were all able to be around her a lot that last week in the hospital. She was also able to see her sister and her husband, Sally & Ed, her sister-in-law, Lorita, and her niece Lori. It will be a special time to remember with her. She talked to us as much as she could. I love you Mum-Mum and look forward to seeing you in heaven someday!



Watching a movie with Mum-Mum after a busy day.
January 2002

Mum-Mum's birthday



Texas State Fair 2013

Mom, Dad and I spent Christmas Eve  2013 with Mum-Mum, Papa and Joe.
~ Zhanna

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done Zhanna. A beautiful tribute to Mum-Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Zhanna, I'm glad you have a lot of good memories of Mum-Mum!

    ReplyDelete